VIA Technologies announced the new Mini-ITX 2.0 platform that is to be released Q4 2008. It looks like the recently unveiled Nano processor will be paired up with a performance NVIDIA chipset to create this powerful and yet, still energy-efficient platform.
While visiting Computex, VIA’s products (booth) were hard to spot. On the other hand, everywhere I looked I saw Intel’s Atom. I was able to find a Nano-based barebone system and HP mini-notebook, but for some reason I missed the big Mini-ITX 2.0 unveiling.
Mini-ITX 2.0 will include:
- Processor: High-performance, power efficient x86 processor, such as the VIA Nano processor
- Memory: Support for minimum 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0 integrated (IGP); DirectX 10 through an add-in card
- Display: 1 VGA port for LCD display; 1 HDMI port through add-in card
- HD Audio: 3 Audio jacks for up to 6-channel surround sound
- Broadband Connectivity: 1 Gb LAN port
- Storage: 2 SATA (3 Gb/sec.) slots + 1 IDE slot
- Peripheral Connectivity: Minimum 4 USB 2.0 ports
- Expansion: 1 PCI Express x16
- Size: 17 cm x 17 cm
- O/S Support: Microsoft Windows Vista; Microsoft Windows Vista Premium (through an add-in graphics card); Microsoft Windows XP, and major Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Suse Linux, and gOS
More information on Mini-ITX 2.0 here