Direct plug 40-pin IDE adapter that allows a CompactFlash card to be used instead of a hard drive through a 40-pin IDE connector.
This adapter allows you to replace hard disk drives with solid state storage in existing systems. This interface allows CompactFlash (CF) cards to be used in any system that includes a standard 40-pin IDE connector. Once the system starts with the adapter and the CF card attached, the system recognizes the CF card as a standard disk drive. Unlike other flash storage systems, such as disk-on-chip modules, this solution does not require drivers or additional software to run the unit. The CF card can be the primary boot device containing the OS and application.
- Female 40-pin IDE connector
- Plugs directly onto the mainboard with 40 pin IDE connector
- Comes with a floppy style power connector
- Configured as a master
- Dimensions: 2.45" x 1.8" (66.2mm x 45.7mm)
- Supports CompactFlash cards (Type I & II) or an IBM Microdrive
- Transparent to the operating system and does not require any drivers
Note: This CF reader is not hot-swappable since it is an IDE device. A CF card must be installed in the CF reader before the computer is booted up. If a CF card is inserted in the CF reader after the computer is started, the computer will not recognize the CF card and the computer will need to be restarted.